Tuesday, December 21, 2004

The return to blogging

Been away from blogging for a long time. I guess alot happened since then. Stopped dating Cheryl Loh after she told me that she has absolutely no interest having in a relationship. I'm glad she's honest with me and truthfully I'm glad this is all out in the open between the both of us, we don't click at all. Communication between us was rather strained. In a way, I felt relieved that nothing happened between us. Spending time trying out a relationship that wouldn't work in the end, would be akin to flogging a dead horse in a race. I'll rather run alone.

This semester's results aren't too good this time round. 2 A-s and 2 B+s. That would mean I'll need a 2As and 3A-s to make it for the Dean's list this academic year. I don't see much difficulty in achieving that. Singlehood has its advantages. Namely 1) my Grade Point Average 2) a cheaper phone bill and 3) More free time at night. However if I could choose to share my life with someone else in the world from all the people I know, I'm quite sure I would choose the girl I met on the train in transit. Hahah, she's a fantastic person. I wish I had more friends like her.

Was on the train heading towards Raffles Place and I was just standing in the middle of the train. Around me were a group of guys talking about a computer game called DOTA(Defense Of the Ancients, a game which I'm guilty of playing every night too) and this girl reading her book with her back faced towards me. At that point in time, I had no one in my life to send a text to and there were no pretty Ah Lians(girls with a bad sense of Fashion in Singapore) to ogle at. All in all, I felt really bored in the train, after looking around I saw this girl reading a book with her back faced towards me. So since she placed her book so convienantly towards my eyes I started reading her book over her shoulder. People never cease to fascinate me! There is a story behind everyone in the world and I'm always fascinated by their lives. So I thought I'll just read over her shoulder and perhaps catch a glimpse of her life through what she read. Initially I thought it would be some trashy romance novel about blond, sexy, witty, altruistic, romantic intelligent causasian men with 6 packs and a castle in England wooing a beautiful but not the most beautiful woman who's confused. Didn't expect to see a girl reading a book titled Quantum Evolution. Interesting stuff! It attempts to explain the evolution of life through quantum physics. Was rather absorbed in the book. Usually I would not find stuff like this interesting, but perhaps it was the thrill of reading a book(I wasn't looking at her cleavage!If that's what you are thinking... her blouse didn't allow for that) over someone's shoulder, or maybe its because I've been yearning to be a more intellectual person, and I would not rule out that probably its because she rather pretty and somehow the things that attractive people read become attractive and interesting to me too.

As the train went on towards Raffles Place, I was thinking to myself, she obviously knows that I'm reading over her shoulder yet she does not shun me and instead she shifts towards my direction after putting the book away. Therefore, she must be interested in knowing the guy who reads over her shoulder!!!(excellant deduction Holmes!) Muhahahah, so I gathered my guts, silenced the butterflies in my tummy and took the plunge by asking her about the book. And when I asked about the book, she went all super enthusiastic about it, handed me the book and took my number down!!! Yay! I was thinking, further proof that she's interested in me. So that was a pretty happy day for me and I was telling my friends over MSN about what great day it was for me to meet such an attractive and intellectual girl(turns out she loves philosophy and all that arts stuff too) who's attracted to me too.

Until I found out over MSN 1)that she REALLY loves the book! 2)And that she didn't even notice that I was reading over her shoulder. (Results of 1+2 to 3)That she lent me the book because she thinks that the book is really good and is so altrusitic that she's willing to lend it to a stranger to share her joy. Hahahah, well done charles. Well done! Funny how much different my perception of reality differs from reality. Well its a bit of a disappointment I must admit, especially after finding out that she's attached. However, it was a rare pleasure talking to her over MSN for 3 hours. She's an extremely easy person to talk to who has great empathy for others. I don't think I've ever met anyone as interesting to talk to as her. I could just talk to her about anything! She's just fantastic.... a chimerical conversationalist! Outta this world.

That's why if I could choose someone in the world to be with, I would choose her! Hahahah, oh well... too bad she's taken by this Malaysian guy.(bloody malaysians crossing over our borders to take away our women. Grrrr....) hahahahah, one day I'll sneak into Malaysia and sneak into the Kampong and steal their women too!(with a few chickens and coconuts to!) Bloody Malaysians! Grrr...

Was talking to Larry and Zhiyang today and they told me something rather interesting. Will talk about it in the next entry! DOTA beckons!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home